Town of Lake View History
Located in eastern Dillon County, Lake View was first called Ford's Mill in 1792 after Major William Ford constructed "the lake" and grist mill on the site. The name was changed to Page's Mill in 1870 when Joseph Nichols Page purchased the property from Dr. C.T. Ford and built a large general store to serve the community. The town became incorporated as Page's Mill on February 26, 1907. The town voted to change the name of the town from Page's Mill to Lake View and on May 12, 1916,the town became incorporated as Lake View.